If you are running your business without a marketing plan, a daily method of operation and the right mindset you will find yourself quickly lost and end up being a master of Facebook applications, spider solitaire and Twitter conversation instead of building your business.
Personal development is often misunderstood, positive thinking alone will not produce any great results, it is only when you put your thoughts into action that results will come your way.
If you are relying on yourself to find the mental strength to stay focused on business building activities instead of becoming distracted then you
If you are feeling that your business is going round and round in circles, here is a five point checklist to help keep your business building on track.
1. Clear yourself of all distractions, whether it is from emails, family members, pets, the TV, You Tube videos, Twitter or Facebook, instant chats or anything that it stopping you from income producing activities.
2. Create a daily method of operation that you are committed to incorporating into your business activities. This should include 3-4 marketing strategies within your monthly budget that include 1-2 social media sites plus 1-2 content marketing or paid advertising strategies such as article writing or pay per click.
3. Focus on the fundamentals to build your business, there are no short cuts, no magic buttons and remember you are in business, even if it is part time, discipline will be required.
4. If you access to effective marketing training and mindset coaching, use them daily as part of your routine. Having fresh input every day will help you stay focused and motivated, it will also give you plenty of ideas for your content marketing. Blogging and Twitter updates.
5. Find a mentor, a coach or join a company where you become part of a community. If you are hanging on to every last penny to survive your way through another barren month then you should be prepared for years and years of sheer frustration. Coaching and mentoring is by far the easiest and best way to move your business forward unfortunately for most people it is something they turn to only as a last resort and find out the missing piece of the jigsaw was the one thing they were most reluctant to do.
By: Jonas Swain